Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa | Emergency Medical Visa to India
India prides herself as one of the best medical hubs globally with its state of art healthcare facilities and affordable yet quality health care services. As such, it attracts patients from developed nations as well as third world countries. For developed nations, India is attractive because of its cost-effectiveness while for developing countries, India has available and modern healthcare facilities.
While the patients get their e-medical visa, they need attendants to accompany them as they receive treatment. The reason is, most patients have deadly illnesses like cancer and thus need personalized care from family.
To travel to India, the accompanying members need the e-Medical attendant visa, which is our subject in this post.
Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa Defined
An e-Medical Attendant visa is an Indian Electronic Visa granted to a maximum of two relatives accompanying a patient to India on a short-term basis for medical care. The e-Medical attendant visa necessitates that the attendant remains with the patient throughout the treatment period.
The patient already is in possession of the e-medical visa that serves them alone.
The e-Medical attendant visa has 60 days validity and up to three entries are allowed.
You will need the following documents to successfully apply for the e-Medical attendant visa.
- A recent colored photograph of you – It should be a maximum of 3MB in size and dimensions of 2in X 2in. It is recommended that the photo is taken digitally even with a smartphone on a white background for clarity of your face.
- A valid passport with at least a validity of six months from the time you reach India. Also, it should have two blank pages – the immigration officer at the Indian airport will stamp your e-Medical attendant visa on it. You will be required to upload a scanned copy of your passport with legible details. The size should not exceed 3MB.
Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa Fees
Upon successful filling of your application form and uploading the required documents, you will be prompted to pay for this service.
The fees are divided into two: the visa processing fees and the government charges. None of these is refundable even if your visa application is unsuccessful.
You can pay through PayPal, or your debit/credit card – whichever serves you best.
Getting the Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa
- You will receive a notification through your email address of the successful application of your electronic visa. For the emergency Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa, you will get the notification within 1 to 3 working days.
- Once you receive the approval letter notification, print out the letter as this will be your travel authorization document at your local airport. The e-Medical attendant visa will be stamped at a particular airport of your choice in India.
- Once you get to India, proceed to the ‘e-Visa Desk’ by the use of the signboards. Your stop will be at the immigration officer’s desk. He or she will verify your documents and stamp your e-Medical attendant visa on a blank page on your passport. Further, you will put your correct details as you fill the arrival/departure card. This will end your clearance at the airport and you may now proceed to the facility you’ll be residing.
- Your stay in India can be fruitful as you choose to abide by the rules and not overstay your travel stipulated time
Check the list of Eligible Countries for Indian e-Medical Attendant Visa.