Indian Visa | Emergency Visa to India | Apply Visa for India
The move announced as an improvement in the pandemic situation in the country is aimed at boosting tourism and the economy. The India Restores 1 & 5-year e Tourist Visa with immediate effect March 16th, 2022. Now your application could be processed with top priority.
Save Time and Money, Apply for Indian Visa Online:
Whether you're coming to India for tourism, medical treatment, conference, business meeting or live you'll know, there are a few things you need to get sorted, the good users that you can apply for an Indian visa online, as announced by the Government of India on 16th March 2022. And it's now easier than ever before. In fact, it's faster and cheaper than a paper application, leaving you more time to plan the fun stuff. No matter where you're coming from.
You can apply for your visa online, from anywhere at any time. And if you're already in India and want to stay longer, you can apply for a visa extension. To get started, visit the application form to find out if you need a visa and the requirements you'll need to meet to apply. You'll need to upload your documents, a passport-style photo, and pay with a credit or debit card. we can't start processing your visa unless everything's there. So double-check you've included all the required documents before you press submit, you can even start your application, save it and finish it later. Once you've submitted your application, we'll let you know if you need to provide any information/documents or if we can issue an E visa. So jump online, get started and we'll see you soon.
The Indian government has come out strong to launch and facilitate the visa application process of foreigners aspiring to visit India. The objective of the electronic visa is to make the process not only affordable but also convenient and efficient. That said, the online system is subcategorized to suit diverse visitors and offer services that match with the type of visit.
What is Emergency Visa to India?
Emergency visa to India is a term used to mean visa on arrival. It is an electronic/online travel authorization given to various individuals visiting India. There are various subcategories of the Emergency Visa to India and visitors are to choose the category that suits their purpose of visiting India. The five subcategories are as follows:
India e-Tourist Visa
The last category is that dealing with individuals traveling to India for recreation purposes such as sight-seeing, visiting with friends and families, religious functions or just a vacation.
India e-Business visa
This is an Indian visa given to foreigners who wish to start or expand their business in India, or carry out business and market research in the Indian business environment. Multinationals that wish to start a business would fall in this category.
India e-Medical visa
This is a travel authorization given to patients who come to seek medical attention from recognized health institutions located in India. For a successful application, the facility must be registered and licensed to operate by the Indian government.
India e-Medical attendant Visa
This is an electronic travel authorization granted to blood relatives accompanying a patient to India to seek medical attention. It is important to note that this visa is different from the e-medical visa.
India e-Conference Visa
This is a short term visa granted to foreigners to wish to attend a conference, seminar or workshop held in India. You must produce a letter of invitation to the meeting as you apply for the e-conference visa. Otherwise, it will not be granted. Such conferences may be organized by the UN, the Indian government, renowned institutions or NGOs situated in India.
It is noteworthy that since the launch of the e-visa in 2014, only 165 countries have been enlisted and are allowed to apply for the e-visa. Below, we provide that list of Eligible country for Indian e-Visa
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Islands
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Macedonia, Republic of
- Marshall Islands
- Micronesia, Federated States of
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Requirements, Documents, and Special Considerations
All the International Travellers are welcomed to India :
- As an applicant, your passport should have at least six months validity from the day of arrival to India. Further, the passport should have two blank pages whose use will be effected when you arrive in India and your e-visa has to be stamped on the passport.
- Another requirement is that you should have sufficient amount of money to spend while in India, and a return ticket or onward journey ticket. These will prevent unnecessary extension of your visit beyond the validity of your e-visa.
- You will need to upload a recent colored passport-sized photograph that is not more than 4MB.
- Pakistani nationals or international travelers with Pakistani passport are not eligible for the electronic visa and should apply for the normal visa at the Mission of India.
- The electronic visa is not given to official or diplomatic passport holders, or persons endorsed by their spouse’s or parent’s passport. Even children should have separate passports; the same for each spouse if they are traveling together. International travel document holders are also not eligible for electronic visas.
Important things to Note
- Before leaving for the airport, ensure that you have carried your valid passport and also a printed e-visa approval letter that was sent to your Email.
- The whole visa application process is ONLINE. Computer literacy is thus important. Be careful as you make the online application as there may be fake websites purporting to process the Indian e-visa. Confirm that the website is legit to avoid compromise of your privacy or loss of your cash.
- There is no refund should your e-visa application process be rejected. As such, you should be careful as you fill in the form to ensure all the details are correct. Besides, it was processed before rejection.
No Quarantine Period Will be Required From 2021
As per new regulation will be into effect 2021, A quarantine period would not be required from incoming tourists, as long as they provide a negative PCR test that was taken within 72 hours of entry, sign an affidavit declaring they are not infected, and agree to a health screening including temperature checks.
ALSO NEW DELHI AIRPORT Have testing facilities for travelers upon arrival within 4 - 5 hours as a paid service.